About the Centre
The LSHTM Centre for Statistical Methodology aims to gather statistical and methodological expertise across the School in order to strengthen our research capacity in epidemiology and public health, and exploit the richness and interdisciplinarity of the work carried out within the School. This is in line with the School’s strategic plans for sustaining areas of established expertise in which we have an international reputation.
To achieve these aims we facilitate the dissemination and sharing of sound and innovative methods to address questions of public health relevance by organising a regular seminar series and educational lectures, by encouraging and supporting fellowship applications, and by organising methodological short courses.
The objectives of the Centre are to:
- Increase our international methodological profile;
- Facilitate the sharing of methodological skills;
- Influence the quality of methodological teaching within LSHTM;
- Increase capacity strengthening with collaborative international partners, as per the Schools strategic plans;
- Organise conferences on special topics.